Tools of the day - Metal Smithing Tools I used on my first day of my beginning metal smithing class at Lill Street Art Center here in Chicago.
Clockwise from top left
1. C-clamp - used to hold down the V-board.
2. V-board - used as a support for thee metal when sawing.
3. Jewelry saw - used to cut the sheets of metal into shape
4. Files- finishing sharp edges
5. Copper scrap - left over and practice piece of what I cut out
6. What will be a necklace pendant - for the fiancé.
7. Paper - for drawing my designs
8. Saw blades - that little thing is a set of twelve blades for the saw
9. Pen - for sketching my designs
Next week I will get into texturing and finishing techniques